Finding the best mattresses out of the numerous on the market is no walk through the park. With the number of brands available, it can be very complicated to just pick one. Making the wrong choice can literally result in a nightmare.
So, the question is, what to look out for in the best mattress? Is the construction, sleep quality, material, price or rating the determining factor for the best mattress? With this in mind, we have saved you from unnecessary headache by reviewing the ten best mattresses on the market currently. We have also included a buying guide to help guide you in making an ideal purchase.
Get ready to make the best mattress purchase of all time!
#1. Puffy Mattress
In a short duration, Puffy has fast become the household name in the mattress industry. It is our top pick for “#1 Best Overall Value” in 2019, and it has consistently been rated #1 in 2017 and 2018. Back, side, combo and stomach sleepers who love a soft foam can’t stop raving about the high-quality of the Puffy mattress. The Puffy mattress has an incredible universal feel that contours and adapts to the body, and also relieves undesired pressure points. This exceptional product is constructed to provide great sleep quality with a three-layers memory foam mattress.
- Mattress size – Twin: 39” x 75” x 10”, 41lbs
- Twin XL: 39” X 80” X 10”, 45 lbs
- Full: 54” x 75” x 10” , 58lbs
- Queen: 60” x 80” x 10”, 69 lbs
- King: 76” x 80” x 10”, 87 lbs
- Cal King: 72” x 84” x10”, 87 lbs
- Gel-infused, CertiPUR- US certified 10” memory foam: cooling cloud foam (4”), sturdy core support (6”)
- Lifetime warranty
- Single firmness
- Thin, elastic and soft washable cover
- It provides consistent comfort and supports irrespective of the climate
- The memory foam is suitable for all sleepers
- Designed with superior motion isolation
- The mattress cover is machine washable
- The brand offers a 101-nights sleep trial duration, a lifetime warranty and free delivery
- The firmness option is single
- The edge support is a bit weak
In the mattress industry, the online reviews and ratings show that the DreamCloud Luxury mattress is a favorite and for good reasons. If you are on the hunt for a luxury hybrid mattress to purchase without spending above your limited budget, then you’re on the right track. As its name suggests, this productlets you sleep and dream on a cloud yet you don’t break the bank purchasing it.
The mattress is durable and thick, and it is a combination of memory foam, coils, pillow top and latex foam. It is perfect for stomach, combo and back sleepers who enjoy the feel and comfort of a firm foam. It incredibly delivers the best of the realms of innerspring and foam mattresses.
- Latex, foam, innerspring hybrid mattress
- Available in Twin, Queen, King, Twin XL, Full and Cal King sizes
- Eight different layers of hybrid design
- The fabric of the top layer is a cashmere blend
- All foams are CertiPUR-US certified
- Limited Everlong warranty and 365-night sleep trial
- Free shipping
- It is a luxurious bed that offers top-notch features made with the best technology
- This unit has quick responsiveness that offers support and pressure relief for back and side sleepers and enough firmness for stomach sleepers
- It offers great value with low-risk as determined by its warranty policies
- The DreamCloud mattress is perfect for all the body types
- Unremovable cover
- Not very soft
Even the biggest lovers of memory foam mattresses are known to complain that the mattress causes heat. The Acesleep brand spent several months to engineer an extra cool mattress, and the result of this hard work is this Acesleep mattress. According to the customer reviews, this memory foam mattress offers the freshest and the coolest sleep quality. You’ll always want to “sink into” this mattress as it offers an extremely soft and plush memory foam experience. It is an excellent choice for sleepers who want a soft foam mattress that is supportive and breathable.
- 12-inch wholly foam mattress made up of four layers
- The mattress cover is designed with a luxury-cool fabric
- Available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and Cal King sizes
- Includes a fifteen-years warranty
- Controlled motion isolation
- Its texture is universal firmness and is appealing to all sleepers
- Its motion isolation is superb
- The support layer is designed with a high-density foam that provides excellent edge support
- Users enjoy the inherent contouring comfort of the mattress but without getting hot
- The brand offers a 120-night sleep trial together with the 15-year warranty
- It is not very firm
- The off-gassing is prominent the first day of use
The SweetNight brand has been in the industry for close to a decade, and in the last six years, they have been regarded by numerous consumers as a go-to option. This accolade is well-deserved as the design of their mattress is superb. If you desire a top-quality mattress unit, but you have a low budget, then this is the product to opt for. The SweetNight mattress is manufactured to reach the utmost standards, and it does.
The mattress is wrapped in rayon cotton to enhance the dissipation of body heat, and also for unrivalled softness. Even more, this cover design prevents the growth of odor and stain, which can cause mildew, mold and bacteria, ensuring that the mattress is always fresh. As is in vogue, the mattress combines innerspring with memory foam to provide a healthy user sleep experience.
- Hybrid mattress combines memory foam with innerspring
- Designed with rayon cotton cover
- The motion isolator is separated into multiple zones, preventing spring interference and providing localized bounce
- The foam and rayon-cotton is hypoallergenic
- 10-year no-risk warranty
- The mattress package comes with zero chemical smell
- It provides firm back support but still super soft and comfortable
- The mattress is not too high; making it also ideal for the elderly
- The price is reasonable
- The package is on the heavy side
- The warranty covers only ten years
If you are looking for the perfect hybrid mattress which combines the best of both memory foam and innerspring coils, then this Lasheen unit is an ideal option. It offers the bounce and support of an innerspring coil mattress as well as the softness and comfort of memory foam. The coiled springs form the bottom layer while the top three layers are memory foam. The advanced pressure-point relieving system of this unit makes it unique and ensures that users remain cool throughout the night.
- Combines coils, foam, and memory foam
- The motion isolator is pocketed individually, not interconnected
- Cooling fabric enhances breathability
- Available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and Cal King sizes
- The memory foam offers a medium soft; plush feel them that is perfect for relieving pressure points, while the coils provide added stability, durability, and body support
- The Lasheen motion isolating system supports the sleeping positions of users and reduces the transfer of motion between sleep mates. If you have a partner who tosses and turns, this unit is ideal
- The mattress fabric enhances proper temperature regulation
- It matches all body types, sleep styles and preferences.
- It helps in easing back or spine-related pains, offering users a great night sleep.
- It is sold rolled up, and it takes a day to be fully inflated after it is unwrapped
The Sealy brand is one of the most popular on the market, and it has been in the mattresses industry for over a hundred years. This mattress offers premium convenience and comfort to all users, and its design is an innerspring coil base with multiple foam layers. It is ideal for all body types and preferences as it is a combination of two optimum technologies that offer the best comfort and support. The 12” hybrid mattress features a top-notch adaptive memory foam that contours to the body, providing ultimate comfort.
- 12” hybrid mattress (high-density)
- 10-year limited warranty
- Combined foam and innerspring support
- Removable cover
- Includes a responsive support layer
- It offers premium convenience, comfort and support
- Responds and conforms to the shape of each user
- Provides structure and durability
- It doesn’t retain body heat
- It is a medium firm mattress
- No terrible new mattress-chemical smell
- Thin fabric lining
Many people today are in love with memory foam because of the unique feel it offers. Unlike the regular mattress materials, the pressure doesn’t immediately bounce back when released. This Inofia product offers the dreamy comfort of memory foam and combines it with the support of individually pocketed springs. The mattress fulfills consumers’ expectations and even more as it offers the right proportions of support and comfort.
To a great extent, this mattress supports individual body weight, and it reduces the risk of rolling onto your sleep mate. Amazingly, it also reduces the risks of a buildup in pressure points. Another Inofia advantage over regular mattresses is that it ensures users don’t sleep hot or sink in. The mattress cover regulates temperature, is soft and skin friendly
- Designed with CertiPUR-US certified memory foam and individually pocketed springs
- 10” full-sized mattress
- Constructed with a net cloth at the sides that dissipates heats
- Underneath pocket springs improves airflow
- Constructed without hazardous substances such as TDCPP, TCEP#, PBDEs, lead, mercury, flame retardants
- 10-year limited warranty and a 101-night free sleep trial
- It is very comfortable, and it has no settling odor
- It is very soft, and it conforms to the body
- The unit isn’t heavy to move
- Offers the perfect balance between firmness and softness
- Reasonable price
- After receiving the package, users have to wait for 72 hours before it gets back to full shape
- Some users have complained about its edge support
As you go through the numerous mattress options, you’ll identify ones ideal for body types, preferences, and needs. However, the LUCID L300 adjustable bed base allows you to personalize your bed and also thoroughly enjoy your sleep. It has an exceptional capacity for even weight distribution that customizes settings to meet the needs of the individual user. If you suffer from edema, back pain, digestive problems, sleep disturbances or arthritis, this unit can go a long way in reducing that pain as its ergonomic construction enhances sleep quality.
- Steel foundation and polyester side cover
- 12” height
- Includes a programmed remote control
- Double USB charging ports
- The memory foam layer is combined with latex
- Two-toned cover
- 10-year limited warranty
- The installation is very easy
- Feet and back can be raised to the perfect position
- The price is reasonable
- The finishing is elegant
- Its response to the remote control is precise
- Brilliant USB port placements
- The package is a bit heavy
Currently, there are only three mattress models on the Supremus GrandBreeze catalogue – the 8-inch, 10-inch, and then the 12-inch memory foam mattress. Even though it is still relatively new on the market, the Supremus Grand Breeze mattress has received several top reviews and ratings from satisfied users. This unit offers you everything you need in a mattress.
It boasts of a high-density memory foam that offers health benefits such as increased energy, relief of joints pain, and spinal alignment. All these are possible because, this unit therapeutically molds and contours to the body shape of the user. It consists of four layers that make it a breathable and cool mattress to rest and sleep on.
- Durable, premium quality Four layers make up the 12” mattress
- Warranty covers a 120-night free sleep trial as well as 20 years
- Memory foam is CertiPUR-US certified
- White cover with grey suede
- Medium firm feel
- 120-day trial duration and 20 years warranty
- The four layers enhance cooling
- It has the right amount of firmness
- Improves sleep quality
- As it was produced only a while ago, there is no actual longevity proof.
Why is the Puffy Mattress #1
The Puffy mattress is very popular. The BBB (Better Business Bureau) has rated the Puffy mattress an A, and out of the almost 2000 reviews on the brand’s official website, 85% gave the mattress 5 stars. This Puffy mattress is also rated as our Best Overall Product for several reasons.
The mattress is reasonably priced, it accommodates individuals with all the sleeping positions, and it performs exceptionally well in every category. Individuals who live in an area with extreme season weather also prefer the Puffy mattress. This is because the Puffy mattress cover is designed from plush stretch-knit material which enhances the mattress’ cooling abilities while drawing off moisture to ensure that sleepers don’t wake up sweaty.
The memory foam consists of a cooling cloud top layer, and a gel-infused foam which is braced by an additional foam layer at the base. These layers are more supportive than what obtains in regular foam layers. The mattress is soft and responsive; it has easier mobility and more bounce, making it an ideal mattress for couples. Even more, the Puffy mattress is backed by a comprehensive lifetime warranty, a 101-night free sleep trial and the delivery for the package straight from the manufacturer is free.
|Product||One best feature of the product||The best selling point of the product||Rate on a scale of 1-10|
|Puffy Mattress||4-layers memory foam||Suitable for all sleeping positions and is perfect for extreme weather conditions||9|
|DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattresses||Hybrid mattress||Perfect for all body types||8|
|Acesleep Mattress||Luxury cool fabric||Superior motion isolation||7|
|Sealy Mattress||High-density hybrid mattress||Maximum comfort, support and convenience||7|
|Lasheen Queen Hybrid Mattress||Individually pocketed motion isolator||Relieves pressure point pain||8|
|Sweetnight Queen Mattress||Rayon cotton cover||Super firm, super soft||8|
|Inofia Responsive Memory Foam Mattress||Underneath pocket springs||Perfect balance between softness and firmness||7|
|LUCID L300 Adjustable Bed Base with 12 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress||Steel and polyester materials||Elegant finishing||8|
|Supremus GrandBreeze Mattress 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam||Premium, durable 4-layers gel-infused memory foam||Enhanced cooling system||8|
Things to be noted when purchasing the best mattress
Now, it’s time to learn the things you have to consider before finally choosing the best mattress.
Most mattresses on the market are available for sale in six different sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California (Cal) King. These are the standard sizes on the market, and your choice should be dependent on what you intend to use the mattress for. The Twin size is best for a single sleeper as well as the Twin XL; the Full Size is best for two adults as well as the Queen size. While the King size is best for two adults and a single child. Meanwhile, the California King size is best for two adults with more than two children.
This is another key factor you have to consider, especially if you live in an area with extreme climates. Some mattresses are cool while some are warm. For instance, a soft, plush and adapting mattress doesn’t allow for much airflow, and it retains more heat than firmer mattresses. If the temperature regulation of the mattress is a key concern for you, then you’ll be better off with an innerspring or hybrid mattress style.
There are various styles of mattresses on the market. However, five types are more prominent – innerspring, foam, latex, hybrid and airbed. It would be best if you made a choice based on your needs and preference.
- The innerspring mattress consists of steel coils supporting a polyfoam comfort layer.
- The foam mattress consists of either a combination of memory and supportive polyfoam, or pure polyfoam.
- The latex mattress is either pure latex or a natural latex layer with high-density polyfoam which acts as a support
- The hybrid mattress is a combination of pocketed coils which support and 2+ inches of either latex or memory foam.
- Airbeds consist of air chambers which get to the desired firmness by inflation or deflation
Comfort and Support
The aim is to be able to sleep like a baby on the mattress, so this is a crucial factor to consider. However, comfort is relative to your needs and preferences. If you have back or joints related issues, and you need a supportive mattress, then the mattress you purchase should offer firmness. If you want a plush mattress that can cradle you, then your ideal choice should be a medium feel mattress. However, it is also essential that you don’t get too distracted by your preferences. Though you might be fond of a soft mattress, a too-soft mattress can disturb your spinal alignment. In the same vein, if you get a too-firm mattress, you’ll get something too hard to relive pressure-point pain. So, we recommend that you purchase a mattress that has the ideal combination of padding and structure, a medium-firm model.
Most mattresses tend to sink at the edges (areas where individuals sit) when people get up or into the bed. The best mattresses have excellent edge support such that the edges don’t sink in so much when they receive weight pressure.
The ideal mattresses for sex are mattresses that are more responsive and bouncier. If the mattress isn’t very responsive, it can cause the partners to sink in too much, thus affecting sex negatively.
The manufacturer warranty testifies of the durability of the mattress. If a mattress is truly durable, then the warranty coverage should be impressive. Most mattresses come with a sleep trial period, and the best mattresses, like those we’ve reviewed, have a warranty of 10 years and above. Some even have a limited lifetime warranty coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
Does price determine the durability of a mattress?
The price of the mattress doesn’t necessarily equate to its durability. There are affordable mattresses that are very durable. Many of the best mattresses reviewed are designed with topnotch materials and workmanship but are still sold at a reasonable price.
Do my body type and weight affect the mattress I purchase?
Yes, it does. Some of the best mattresses are suitable for all body types and weight. However, some have a specific weight limit. If you’re a heavy sleeper, then an innerspring or hybrid mattress style is best.
What mattress is best for my sleeping position?
Every individual has a favorite sleeping position. You can either be a stomach, back, side or combination sleeper. If you’re a back or stomach sleeper, then a less contouring mattress might be best while side sleepers tend to enjoy conforming or softer mattresses.
What is the difference between a King Mattress and a California King?
The California king size has an extended length, which is ideal for very tall people. It is also wider and takes up a little less space than the standard king size. If you also prefer sleeping with several pillows propping you, then the Cal king size is a better option.
As you can now see, there are different factors to consider before choosing the best mattress, fitting your needs and preferences. We have reviewed ten of the best mattresses currently on the market, highlighting their specs, pros and cons. Each of these mattresses has powerful, positive customer feedbacks and a great warranty system, testifying of their quality, comfort, support and durability.
We hope that this guide has been comprehensive enough for you to make an ideal mattress choice. Read our comparisons and then our buying guide to make a grounded choice.
Do not hesitate to ask your questions or drop a comment here.